People Helping People Network Meetings in Cleckheaton & Dewsbury
Join us at Cleckheaton Town Hall tomorrow (24th July) to celebrate community activity & Local Project Funding
Join us at Howlands next week (31st July) to find out how to crowdfund for your organisation at Dewsbury Soup
Our People Helping People Network meetings are run by Third Sector Leaders Kirklees in partnership with Kirklees Council. They are designed to give information and support to community groups, voluntary groups, charities and social enterprises.
Both meetings will include:
- information about how to apply for funding like Do Something Now, and National Lottery,
- details of help with recruiting volunteers and promoting opportunities,
- information about free training and support from Third Sector Leaders
- and time for networking
The Cleckheaton event is also combined with a celebration of local project funding awarded by ward councillors from their ward budget, and will include details of how to apply for this funding. A light buffet and refreshments will be provided.
The Dewsbury event will feature Dewsbury Soup and details of how to apply for and pitch at their community crowdfunding events.
Find out more & book now on Eventbrite for Cleckheaton or Dewsbury…
Help us get a picture of why people help out in their local communities & what might be stopping others from getting involved…
We want to find out a bit more about people who give some of their time to help in their local communities. For example, some people may:
– Organise a knit and natter group
– Help out at a Stay and Play session
– Coach a youth football team
– Run a local choir
– Be a key holder for a community building
We would like to know more about why people get involved with helping their local community and what might put others off doing so. In this survey, we call anyone who gives his or her time free to help out a ‘volunteer’.
It would be helpful if you could take a few minutes to answer some questions. All the information we gather will be treated confidentially –information will be collected by Kirklees Council and only shared with Communities United Project and Third Sector Leaders Kirklees.
Please share the survey with your volunteer teams and anyone else who you know helps out in your community, and fill it in yourself if you give your time for free in any capacity.
Thank your volunteers with an invitation to this Volunteers’ Week celebration event
As part of Volunteers’ Week, Volunteering Kirklees are organising a Great Volunteer Get Together celebrating volunteering in Kirklees and thanking all those people who help out and keep our organisations running.
You can nominate anyone who volunteers for your organisation for an invitation and they will be rewarded with a glass of fizz, cake and entertainment, and will hear from special guest speaker, Kim Leadbeater from the Jo Cox Foundation/More in Common at Mirfield Showground (as part of the Great Green Get Together) on Saturday 8th June, from 3pm to 5pm.
Places are limited, so let us know as soon as possible if you’d like someone to come. Email for further details and invitations: firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s Celebrate Volunteering in Kirklees
Our team at Volunteering Kirklees are gearing up for this year’s Volunteers’ Week at the beginning of June & already have a number of events planned, including:
- A Volunteers’ Week Fair on Tuesday 4th June at the Huddersfield Mission with over 30 groups attending to promote their volunteering opportunities & recruit volunteers. We don’t currently have space for any other groups or charities to attend, but have a waiting list.
- A Mini-Volunteering Fair on Thursday 6th June at Dewsbury Library. We have space for 3 more groups who are looking for volunteers.
- The Great Volunteer Get Together on Saturday 8th June at Mirfield Showground. This is an invite-only event to celebrate and thank 150 Kirklees volunteers with entertainment, cake and fizz.
- Volunteer Management Conference on Wednesday 12th June – This year’s annual conference ‘Leading the Way” in Volunteering will focus on developing skills and good practice for Volunteer Managers/Coordinators. Colleagues from the public and third sector will hear about how they can improve their own skills to work effectively with volunteers. This event is for people from across these sectors working with or planning to work with volunteers. Find out more & book: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/volunteering-kirklees-conference-2019-leading-the-way-tickets-60048445517
And don’t forget to let us know if you have any events planned for Volunteer’s Week too: email@example.com