The National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) has created a guide to ‘no-deal Brexit and the voluntary sector, plus a blogpost answering questions such as:
- Can EU volunteers continue to volunteer in the UK?
- Are volunteer numbers going to go down?
- What will organisations need to do in the future?
- Can UK citizens volunteer in Europe?
- What should I do next
We are looking for someone to work with communities and businesses across Kirklees, to increase local volunteering.
The post exists to promote and substantially increase volunteering activity in Kirklees, so strengthening voluntary groups in the area. This is a newly created position, nominally for three years, and the successful candidate will work within the One Community Foundation office based in central Huddersfield. The role will involve frequent travel across Kirklees. Success in this role is likely to make the role permanent.
Closing date: Tuesday 10th September
Interviews: Wednesday 25th September
Read the Association of Chief Executives of Voluntary Organisations Trustee Report and Financial Statement for 2018/2019
As well as being of interest if you want to know more about ACEVO and what they do, this is also a good example of how to structure your annual report and make sure that it’s clear, relevant and interesting.
Download the report:
Visit the ACEVO website
The Midway Equities Fund, managed by One Community, is now open for grant applications of up to £6,000.
It supports community and voluntary organisations working with the elderly in Kirklees. We will fund general operating expenses, project and equipment costs. Larger grants may, in exceptional circumstances, be awarded at the discretion of the grants panel.
Previous recipients have included:
- The Batley Methodist Church, £5,000 for a replacement kitchen.
- Cameo (a pick-up/travel service for older people), £600 towards operating costs, principally their phone usage.
- Linthwaite Luncheon Club, £3,000 contribution towards the cost of a kitchen upgrade.
- Crosland Moor and District Community Association, £3,000 to upgrade tables, chairs and kitchen equipment.
This fund is now open to applications, and closes on Thursday 2nd May, 2019.
One Community makes grants to a wide range of organisations. The Foundation is particularly keen to help grassroots community groups, and small-to-medium-sized voluntary organisations, and priority will be given to these groups. We do not normally make grants to large local, regional and national charities.