Register Now to Find Out More at the Growing Great Places Launch Event
Thursday 23rd May 2019
The Media Centre, Northumberland Street, Huddersfield HD1 1RL
Register to take part in our launch event
You are invited to the launch of Growing Great Places, a new community crowdfunding programme funded by Kirklees Council.
We’ve partnered with crowdfunding platform Spacehive on this exciting new initiative. As part of the programme we’re providing extra support to residents and groups who have ideas to share. There will be a fund of £50,000 available, with projects potentially getting pledges of up to £5,000 to support their campaign, plus workshops to help you pitch your idea.
People make places great: Our towns, villages and communities are the strength of Kirklees. You might have a little idea that can have a big impact by bringing a place together. Or you might need some help growing support for an ambitious project that’s just getting started.
This event will tell you everything you need to know to join in.
Kirklees Council are holding a meet the buyer event for people interested in tendering for KMCIRS-064 – Provision of Education, Training, Employment and Lifelong Learning, in Huddersfield on Wednesday 5 June 2019, 12.30pm-2.00pm.
This is for organisations registered under Categories 1 and 2 who are interested in delivering ESFA funded Adult and Community Learning for the academic year 2019/20.
This will allow us to share our aspirations for the coming year and provide an overview of the tendering process.
Potential providers need to be registered on the YorTender procurement portal before they can be invited to tender. Find out more here: https://procontract.due-north.com/Advert?advertId=b1435385-05dc-e711-80e7-005056b64545.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place at the event, before Friday 31 May.
Free Information Events
Groundwork are holding a series of free information events across West Yorkshire where you can find out more about ESF Community Grants, and how to apply for up to £20,000 of funding, and they’ll be in Kirklees on 23rd May.
At these events you will have the opportunity to:
- Understand how an ESF Community Grant could help you to support the people you work with
- Learn about the eligibility requirements and application process
- Meet directly with Peter Murphy, Operations Director of Groundwork
- Ask any questions you may have about the Grant fund
- Network with other projects
Arrive for the start of the session for a full overview of the grant, or drop in before the end to chat to one of our team.
If you are interested in applying for the European Social Fund, don’t miss this opportunity to find out more!
Come along to the Kirklees event:
9:30-11:30am, 23rd May 2019
Huddersfield Mission, 3-13 Lord Street, Huddersfield, HD1 1QA
Events are also being held in Bradford, Leeds, Halifax and Wakefield.
Find out more about ESF Community Grants
Apply for a grant
Let’s Celebrate Volunteering in Kirklees
Our team at Volunteering Kirklees are gearing up for this year’s Volunteers’ Week at the beginning of June & already have a number of events planned, including:
- A Volunteers’ Week Fair on Tuesday 4th June at the Huddersfield Mission with over 30 groups attending to promote their volunteering opportunities & recruit volunteers. We don’t currently have space for any other groups or charities to attend, but have a waiting list.
- A Mini-Volunteering Fair on Thursday 6th June at Dewsbury Library. We have space for 3 more groups who are looking for volunteers.
- The Great Volunteer Get Together on Saturday 8th June at Mirfield Showground. This is an invite-only event to celebrate and thank 150 Kirklees volunteers with entertainment, cake and fizz.
- Volunteer Management Conference on Wednesday 12th June – This year’s annual conference ‘Leading the Way” in Volunteering will focus on developing skills and good practice for Volunteer Managers/Coordinators. Colleagues from the public and third sector will hear about how they can improve their own skills to work effectively with volunteers. This event is for people from across these sectors working with or planning to work with volunteers. Find out more & book: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/volunteering-kirklees-conference-2019-leading-the-way-tickets-60048445517
And don’t forget to let us know if you have any events planned for Volunteer’s Week too: email@example.com