Bringing together finance & accounting staff from the voluntary, community & charity sector.
Wednesday 30th October 2019
12pm to 2pm at TSL Kirklees, 12 New Street, Huddersfield, HD1 2AR
Join us for the inaugural Kirklees Finance Forum, hosted by WYCAS & TSL Kirklees at the TSL offices in central Huddersfield.
The Finance Forum will provide an opportunity for people who work in the Kirklees voluntary, community and charity sector to get together and discuss finance and accounting issues. The Forum is designed to enable us to learn from each other; to provide training opportunities and to offer a supportive network.
At this first meeting we plan to identify common areas of interest, how we might meet in the future and, if time allows, have a focus on what a good Reserves Policy might look like.
Tea/coffee and sandwiches will be provided.
For more information please contact Rhys North, WYCAS Community Accountant – email@example.com or mobile 07891 333 030 or TSL Kirklees on 01484 519053, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accelerator Programme designed to support the growth of social enterprises (including charities).
“Social enterprise is said to offer possibilities for social engagement and economic inclusion to different social groups, providing novel solutions to a range of societal problems that the state and private sector have been unable to solve.”
In partnership with Global Enterprise Links (GEL), Kirklees Council have launched a three month programme to support and develop social enterprises, community groups and third sector organisations.
The project will include a flexible, blended, practical approach designed to help participants take their organisations forward.
The programme will include:
- Access to Finance
- Digital Transformation: Data Visualization
- Developing Leadership: Culture
- Management Capability: Teams, workforce development
- Coaching and Mentoring : Business mentors
- Marketing, Customer Experiences, Social Media Marketing
For further information please contact Sharon@yaba.uk.com / 07807 474885
Start date September 2019
Please note: Entries will only accepted from social enterprises or charities. A social enterprise is any organisation, including charities, that is trading or wants to trade and earn profit for community benefit. It is defined by Social Enterprise Yorkshire and Humber as:
- having a clear social or environmental mission which is set out in its governing documents,
- an independent business which earns income through trading,
- controlled or owned in the interests of the social mission,
- either reinvesting or giving away its profits or surpluses to further its social purpose,
- and transparent about how it operates and the impact it has.