Closing date: 25th October 2019
Pavilion Youth Hub is a charitable organisation, which formed following the collective experiences of a few home-educating families, Nick & Suzanne Wilson being the founder members. Following a difficult transition to High School, they felt they had no option but to withdraw their 11 yr old daughter from school in favour of home education. Although academically able, they feared she may become socially isolated and would benefit from working alongside her peers. The idea of PYH was born.
We have 2 vacancies to fill. We meet approximately 4 times a year to discuss various items, not limited to but including:
- Governance: Organisation status, admissions & fees
- Safeguarding: Recruitment, policies and management
- Finance: Fundraising, banking and financial accounts
- Premises: Rent, renewals, maintenance
- Curriculum: Content, timetable, events & planning
- Pastoral: Mental health needs, partnerships & networking. Hub events
- Staff: Recruitment & roles
- Any other business: Anything & everything!
Should you wish to apply to become a member of our management committee, please put together a brief account of why you are interested in the role, what you can bring to the role, and how the role can benefit you personally. It need not be more than 1 page.
If offered appointment you will need:
• An enhanced DBS certificate. (We can apply for one on your behalf if you don’t already hold).
• To complete safeguarding training. (We will arrange should you not already hold)
• To provide proof of address, and identification. (Utility bill & passport or driving licence)
• To provide 2 references.