Third Sector Marketing Conference
16th July 2019, 10am to 2pm
Join us for a free marketing conference for charities, community & voluntary groups & social enterprises in Kirklees.
The conference will cover different aspects of marketing, including social media, PR, and marketing strategy, and will focus on helping you add value and create impact for your organisation. It will help you learn how to turn your work into great stories and content that will help you shout about what you do.
We’ll hear from local industry experts from inspirational speakers who’ll share their stories and give you hints, tips and advice. Plus there’ll be a choice of practical workshops on things like marketing strategy, Facebook, writing a press release, creating content.
Speakers and workshops
We’re delighted to announce the initial line-up of speakers and workshops:
- Janet Bebb from Social Progress – Janet is Director of one of only a handful of specialist social media marketing agencies in Kirklees and is one of only 8 accredited Facebook #SheMeansBusiness trainers in the UK, and the only certified adviser in the North of England. She’s also a expert networker, and active promoter of community, local business, Fairtrade and reycling. She’ll be sharing her knowledge and expertise with us, demonstrating her Big Screen Social social media wall and teaching us how to make the most of Facebook.
- Rich Sutcliffe from Agency for Good – Rich runs a unique ethical marketing agency that offers free marketing support for non-profits. Rich runs his own social enterprise, is a member of Rotary International and is passionate about helping organisations become sustainable. He’ll be sharing his tips on creating impact for less and will be teaching us about marketing strategy.
- Michelle Brown from Francis Browne Communications – Michelle is an experienced PR professional specialising in innovative technology companies, and as Marketing Director of Huddersfield Literature Festival has key part of promoting and growing the event over the last 6 years. She’s also involved in her local WI and has supported the Fair Trader Co-operative in Holmfirth. She’ll be sharing her story and teaching us how to make the most of our stories.
- Merewyn Sayers from Sayers Solutions – Merewyn provides marketing and business support to small businesses and not-for-profit organisations. She is also heavily involved in a number of local third sector and community organisation and runs her own community network in HD8. She’ll be teaching us about effective email marketing.
- Caroline Oughbridge from Communicating Brilliantly – Caroline is a writer, trainer and communications consultant, and former radio producer. She has worked with a number of third sector organisations including Alzheimer’s Society, Volunteering Kirklees, Age UK, Alcohol Concern and she regularly works with Third Sector Leaders Kirklees. She will be teaching us how to perfect our pitch and how to make how we introduce ourselves memorable and have impact.